Where are you located?
– Our location is in the West Layton, Utah area. Because class time is dedicated to a high level of instruction for our students, we only offer the exact address to our students or invited guests. We do this in order to maintain a private and focused environment for our students and hope you understand our traditional way of operation.
When are classes for the boot-camp?
– Classes for our “Intro to Wing Chun Boot-camp” are held every Monday evening from 6:30pm – 8:30pm. At the time this is our only offered time and day.
How much does it cost and when do I have to pay?
– The cost to join the “Intro to Wing Chun Boot-camp” 3 month/12 week course is $100.00. This includes costs for the full boot-camp 12 weeks. A full payment must be made when signing the application to join boot-camp after experiencing a trial class OR can be made in advance by following the link in the previous page if you have already made the decision to join! Upon completion of the 3 month/12 week boot-camp, when you wish to become a full student/family member with West Coast Wing Chun Layton the monthly membership fees can then be discussed with our Lo Si (Assistant Sifu(master)) in person.
When is the next start date?
– A new start date for the “Intro to Wing Chun Boot-camp” happens every 12 weeks or so depending on the schedule of the current sessions. Please send us an email through our Contact Page to find out the determined start date.
What happens after I complete the “Intro to Wing Chun Boot-camp”?
– After you complete the “Intro to Wing Chun Boot-camp” and you decide to continue as an official student/family member you will then be started in the first open hand form classes of Siu Lim Tao. Classes for Siu Lim Tao are every Tuesday/Thursday evening from 6:30pm – 8:30pm. Monthly membership fees as on official student can be discussed with our Lo Si (Assistant Sifu(master)) in person upon completion of the boot-camp.
Can I come visit and observe?
– We do not encourage potential students to come and observe class time, however, we do offer a free trial class in which the potential student participates in a typical boot-camp class. This way the potential students are able to get a feel for our school and determine if it is the right fit for them. We do not allow “drop-in” visits and require that you make an appointment if you wish to be invited to a trial class. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the next steps. We only offer trial classes during our Tuesday/Thursday evening from 6:30pm – 8:30pm so please plan accordingly in your request.
How difficult is the training?
– The training can be rigorous.. Training exercises include a series of upper body and lower body drills, team relay drills, and partnering technique exercises. Modifications can be made and are offered to those whom have difficulties with the traditional methods whether you have health issues, history of injury, or other conditions. Please let us know in advance of any conditions so that we can be well prepared to optimize the training for you. Bring plenty of water and a towel!
Do you offer training for children?
– Currently we are only accepting students 15+ years of age. Students under the age of 18 are required to have an adult/guardian accompanying them at all times for all classes and/or training sessions.